Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Post 1- What is Rheumatic Heart disease?

Rheumatic heart disease is permanent damage to the heart following Rheumatic Fever

Rheumatic Heart Disease can lead to heart failure and sometimes the need for cardiac surgery.  A case of rheumatic fever can cause the heart to inflame and leave permanent damage to the heart, specifically the heart valves.

A heart valve acts like a one-way door. It makes sure that blood pumped by the heart flows in one direction. When the heart is damaged, the heart valves are unable to function adequately. The heart has 4 sections, they are like ‘rooms’, also called chambers.  the heart valves are the ‘doors’ that stop the blood from flowing the wrong way.

4 comments:

  1. Hello !!

    It was a great honour to have you in our Comment. And you are more than welcome back at any time....

    Happy Job!!!
    *Meditation uk
    Mental depressed *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Treatment For Heart Failure India

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same problem is with me ! Heart problem is inherited in my family as well!I am not getting how heart problem leads to mental failure!I know this family problem therefore i take really healthy food and follow such online platforms http://amzn.to/1mBATzD I get my self checked by a doctor on quarterly basis.I am taking precautionary measure to avoid such disease!

    ReplyDelete